ESO has joined a consortium community services to deliver a collaborative style approach to improve outcomes for families with dependent children in Burton-upon-Trent. This consortium of providers will deliver a Community Enabler Service focusing upon the following 4 themes: –
- To reduce families in debt by early engagement with existing support services to help families to manage / reduce their debts
- To increase employment by an improved uptake in ‘back to work’ programmes
- To improve children’s good level of development (GLD) Early Learning Goals through an improved take up of the Think 2 childcare offer
- To improve collaboration between statutory organisations and communities by providing a local community resource that can help shape improvements using resident input / experiences, linking particularly to the Community Safety.
A focus for the consortium of provider(s) must be upon:
- empowering families and raising aspirations
- promoting a family focus
- support with developing skills
- encouraging healthy lifestyles and community safety
- links into training, education and employment
- community involvement, responsibility and a sense of ownership
- building relationships with police, fire, social services, schools, health services etc.
- having a local cultural awareness and knowledge of different faith groups in Burton
- where possible, to be able to speak in local languages other than English
An example of the ‘GOLDEN’ TICKET’ that you may receive through your letter box